We are a membership association of Oklahoma Community Action Agencies.
Each member agency is managed by a local, volunteer board of directors. The board of directors must include low-income residents, public officials, and private sector representatives.
Community Action Agencies use a broad range of strategies to address family and community needs.
- Community Coordination: Citizen participation, neighborhood and community organization, information and referrals
- Education: Head Start, literacy, adult basic education
- Economic Development: Loans, business planning assistance
- Emergency Services: Food pantries, energy assistance, homeless shelters, natural disaster assistance
- Employment Training: Job training, placement, and creation
- Food and Nutrition: Meals on wheels, congregate meals for elderly, food banks
- Health Care: Health clinics, prescription assistance, transportation to health care assistance, treatment for substance abuse
- Housing: Homebuyer counseling, self-help housing construction, rental assistance
- Income Management: Individual Development Accounts, budget counseling, tax counseling
- Transportation: Bus service, transportation to jobs, and school
Code of Ethics
605 Centennial Boulevard
Edmond, OK 73013